Thursday, December 6, 2018

HOWMANYTIMES

can you carry me home, if I tell you where to go? Look at the cross streets, these roads are so confusing, intersections in my mind define my character, it's proving that some things can come together. It was all for a place, where i practiced in a space, and I haven't been able to get out of that character i played. come around and tell me how stable you are you, remind me of your marks and scores, i'm sore from finally growing up. line up the ducks, and eggs in a basket, you set an example, remind me to be thankful for the lesson plans and my teacher is father, and i know exactly why i bother, i've convinced myself that you'll be back, it's just as well, as i promise no more trips through hell.
i put on sad melodies as i write down these words, they course through my veins and i spit out the viscous remains, all my harebrained schemes, when will you quit being down on me?

would you feel better if you never saw me fail? then you could imagine that i would never bail? i'm broken and this isn't a competition of into how many pieces, or who has the biggest demons.
could i contemplate your courage if you let go while we danced? Instead you have such a firm grasp with your hands, you're stiff like my dirty socks, i'm stuck in a flurry of bad advice that i give myself, if i listen to the preachers i'll just quit believing that i might just know what's worst for me.
i nailed a list of all my grievances directly to your door, i am martin luther, and you're a storybook prodigy, I knew you weren't right for me so many times, HOWMANYTIMES? countless.

you're an activist and you act as if your fights even really matter. i'm not a martyr, i'll thrive through all my wild childish beliefs, and i'll no longer ask you to believe with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...