Thursday, June 11, 2020

An Audience

somewhere between better and worse
awake and comatose
the scars they don’t hurt, it’s visual impairment
succinct when we handle all our failures
and that’s my preoccupation, the reasons that I left the basement
and self destruction really something when u mixed up in that ego
it’s not sex, it’s a long weekend
hop in the pool, stay out of the deep end
I’ve never been right, I’ve always been sick
play the drums, let’s marry the beat
pass me a receiver, a phone call to your demons
tell them lay low and stay put, we’re all on holiday just searching for the right look
I promise it all, i deliver a thing
the mighty they fall, drag the weak by a string
tricks in my pockets and dice in my drawers, go identify our old selves up at the morgue
whisper all ur problems, I’ll sing them in a song, wrap it in a bow, throw it on a stage
We get the applause, the audience they faint

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...