Thursday, June 11, 2020

Break Rank

you’re terminally ill
it seems to be contagious
I know your bad side
we practically neighbors
all the evil seems to be sedated
a massive sleeping bear, our hibernation
start to talk and my head aches
the backs of my eyelids replaced with a Microsoft sunset
I’m rapid eye fantasy, and you sway with sterile tides, always out of key, perfection that I see
marry me with silly string that I’ll wrap around your finger, you’ll have to pry me off first, "just married" stapled to the back of a hearse, pill bottles rattle as they drag along the road
celebrate a union, my undoing
these words they have no format, some rhyme and no reason, sweaty palms, i met you in time for this new season
it’s so long to these dog tags
I ended a war within myself
keep an album on shelf, rusted photos of the past, water damage, water logged, years and tears will do that
movements that impress the mind, i left the dead for you to find
I have nothing left to hide
pick me apart; you stay on the sly
we opposites, break rank for death, I’ll keep being me, you stay less and less impressed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...