Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Your Image Like Direct Sunlight

delete this message that I'm about to send you
one hand on the wheel, another in the pot, one pushing your buttons,
I love it when you shout
I'm a wolf, and i howl at the moon, i'm falling for you
and when these sky lights go off you can dream up thoughts about who you'd like to be
you're the origin of me
your hair, your marks, and i'm gasping for air in this dark
it's a shallow ditch that we drown in
there's no way around it, self sabotage never felt so glamorous
the feelings like we don't belong
but I'll be there to catch you when you fall
I think too fast, I get too hot, sweat drips red like the fire you wrote about
the ashes are so fine, they too drift up to the sky, no direction
i can barely comprehend a mix
wait, do you believe in the subconscious?
mine is rallying, ever the underdog
i think i'm a writer till i pick up the pen, 1,000 words we'll go at it again
a soul in debt to sin, I'm at it again
steal the art from your eyes, ur reflection is my only vice
your image like direct sunlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...